A huge THANK YOU to all the amazing bakers who came and brought their delicious treats! I know how much work you guys put in your treats, and I truly appreciate your time, money and effort for bringing them today. You guys are awesome people, your treats were gorgeous to look at, and most importantly, they were delicious to eat!
- Toni of My Cheesecake Addiction for your amazing cheesecake bites;
- Kent of Filigree Pastries for your very adorable macarons;
- Nikash of One More Piece for your showstopping 2-tier fondant cake;
- Laiian of Cakes by Lai for your beautiful unicorn cake (with wings);
- Karen of Butter Block YYC for your marvelously delicious croissants;
What a great event! Thank you @jomamaeats for doing all the planning and to gather all the greatest people for the sweetest table! We’re thankful that we were given this opportunity to be part of this event! Amazing conversations were made, love & support was felt and we can’t wait for the next event!
- I brought vegan chocolate & ube cupcakes with coconut whipped cream frosting, vegan chocolate and vanilla donuts and vegan red velvet cake pops!
An incredibly big THANK YOU to Jacqueline and Café Blanca for lending us your space for the Sweetest Tea Party! Thank you for welcoming and being open to my idea, and helping me bring it to fruition. This café is honestly one of the best in terms of incubating local art and culture in Calgary! I truly love the ambience and atmosphere at Café Blanca! I hope to collaborate with you again in the future!
Another THANK YOU to Jess of Antheia Floral (IG: AntheiaFloralYYC) for bringing your gorgeous flower arrangement to the party! It was sooo lovely!!
And of course, THANK YOU to everyone who came! Without you, the Sweetest Tea Party wouldn’t have been a success! It was so great putting a face to an Instagram username. I loved meeting each and everyone one of you (finally), and I really hope we can connect again offline soon!
- Carly of Dim Sum Diet
- Jenny of Her Modern Canvas
- Sam (& Tony) of Sugar and Sam
- Cat of For Two Please
- Maria of Late and Lovely
- Robin of Rchiuu
- Jo Jo of J0hj0h
- Arminé of AtArmine
- Gordon of MrGDon
- Alexa of AJFernando
- Candy of CandyEatsYYC and Solar Sounds
- Esther of Lov3stia
- Dianne of AlwaysDianne
- Kerin of EauKerin
- Justine of Juszeat
- Sandee of YYCFoodJunkies
- Carmen of YYCFoodiesDiary
- Wendi of wlwlee
A huge SHOUT OUT to my Instagram idol, Alexa (AJFernando), for giving me the inspiration to start this in Calgary!
Lastly, thank you to my friends who helped me organize the Sweetest Tea Party! I love you guys (you know who you are). 😉
I didn’t know what was going to happen at The Sweetest Tea Party. I didn’t have a particular program or schedule I didn’t know if people would show up. I didn’t know if they would be open to conversing with each other. I had a lot of doubt and anxiety, despite my excitement.
But in the end, I would say that The Sweetest Tea Party was a success! In my previous post about The Sweetest Tea Party, I set certain goals, and I think I met all my intended goals:
- √ — We strengthened this community of social media-savvy and Instagram-loving people and influencers.
- √ — I made new friends and connections that I otherwise wouldn’t make if social media wasn’t available.
- √ — We had meaningful conversations over our commonalities & interests rather than differences while eating yummy food.
- √ — We market local & independent businesses in Calgary (our bakers and Café Blanca).
As an extroverted introvert, the thought of busy social events like this sometimes terrifies me. Maybe it’s because food has such a connective power to link people or maybe they weren’t all extroverted introverts like me, but I’m glad that EVERYONE was open to meeting new friends. 😛
I hope everyone enjoyed the food and conversations between each other, and I hope you made new connections and offline friends! Also, I hope my vision and intentions for The Sweetest Tea Party was made clear to you guys, and I cannot wait to meet you all again! 😀